Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.westend.com> wrote:

> I just saw the ipmasq package in debian.devel-changes-l.
> Since we are about splitting the ip-spoofing part off into a seperate file,
> we could - if all affected maintainers agree - merge this pagacke into
> netbase.
>
> The description says something about firewall, too and in this discussion
> someone said that he would like to have a sepereate /etc/init.d/firewall...
>
> Comments ?

I think it's better to have a separate 'firewall' package,
where all the stuff that have to do with firewalling can be put,
like: ipfwadm, ipfwadm-wrapper, ipchains, ipmasqadm (with lib's)
the init scripts (more than one?) etc, etc... A fiend is working
on a 'firewall config program', I'll see how faar he have come...

netbase is being (have been?) split up, so no need to put in
the firewalling stuff there.

--
    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>

AK-47 Albanian counter-intelligence plutonium NSA fissionable South
Africa bomb supercomputer [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] genetic Rule Psix Qaddafi FBI Khaddafi