Re: RFC: new network config

On Sun, 7 February 1999 10:00:10 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Perhaps the file could also specify which module to load for the
> interface (or let kmod/kerneld handle it).

Again I would say no to that. Have you tried a 2.2 kernel
already? Since your kernel is *very* likely to be too big
the first compile, you will experience that many, many
things are compiled in as a module.
And if you switch on the kernel support for module loading
you may see it works like a charm and auto-loading works
just as fine as I ever wanted it to work.

Alexander

--
He was said to have the body of a twenty-five year old, although no one knew
where he kept it.