Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 12:31:20AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
I'll comment on the rest later, but..

<snip>
> Anything less will mean people would still need to setup things manually.
> Also note a frontend for both console and X can be easily created by
> switching between whiptail and gdialog (if I remembered the name
> correctly; it seems to be a GTK whiptail-clone).

Actually, gdialog is interesting in that it works under both the console
(looking very much like dialog, except for the colors), or X (looking
quite nice)...

Granted, its missing pgup/pgdn in menus (as in whiptail, and in debian's
dialog (due to my patches actually)), but last I looked it would be
trivial to port my patch to dialog to gdialog...

The only other annoyance would be depending on gnome-utils, however that
could be a gnome-utils | dialog | whiptail...

Anyways..

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801