Re: ITP: debwrap

Changwoo Ryu wrote:

> IMO the idea of debwrap, not the source code, is an ugly hack.  Trying
> to be too compatible always leads to an dirty hack.  Debwrap just
> wraps the problematic packages; the better solution is to fix the
> packages.

> Well, of course debwrap may be useful for now.

Ok, I agree with it, too.
Off course trying to be too compatible usually leads to dirty hacks.
But are we supposed to give it a try in case if it is practical
and useful?
Remember that Linux was born initially as a very dirty easy hack
from a viewpoint of minix or BSD people, they said...
I believe practical beats ideal in the world of Linux.
--
Shigekazu Noka <noka@omoikane.co.jp>
Omoikane <http://www.omoikane.co.jp/>