Re: [expert] Re: Proposal: Source file package format (summary)

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 09:46:10PM -0500, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
>What I would suggest is having the .tar.gz source file, plus another file,
>with a .build-rh.rpm , .build-mdk.rpm .build.deb extension.
>
>That way, the author only has to maintain his source code, support for
>particular distributions are found in a small separate file. You could
>even have a .build-rh-contrib.rpm or .build-mdk-official.rpm, so you know
>whether this is an official rpm or not. It would be up to the author of
>the application to decide to put or not the build files on the ftp site.

How is that different from the way Debian packaging works now?

    .build.deb == .diff.gz

Regards,
--
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod@compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9809 0133