ncurses 5 (was: Re: Timeline for potato)
- To: Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: ncurses 5 (was: Re: Timeline for potato)
- From: Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:23:15 -0800
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <14440.50975.83402.927859@bolero>
- References: <19991228002650.A761@xs4all.nl> <14440.50975.83402.927859@bolero>
At 15:23 +0100 1999-12-28, Matthias Klose wrote:
>what did happen to the libncurses5 packages? will they be uploaded for
>potato? Asking because I do not want to upload a readline4 before this
>is installed ...
I had decided not to upload ncurses 5.0 due to the situation with readline.
I didn't know you had any intent to upload readline4 for potato.
I have a new set of ncurses packages at:
deb http://web.espy.org/ftp/debian espy ncurses ncurses4.2
deb-src http://web.espy.org/ftp/debian espy ncurses ncurses4.2
which I intend to upload tomorrow.
If you upload readline4, I suggest that libreadline4-dev depend on
libncurses5-dev so that people don't end up inadvertantly linking with two
different ncurses libs (once from -lreadline and once from -lncurses).
Packages in base need to be relinked with libncurses5.
Joel Klecker (aka Espy) Debian GNU/Linux Developer