Re: Packages referenced but missing from the archive

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 05:45:59PM +0100, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 02:55:19AM +0100, Ingo Saitz wrote:
> > MoiN
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 12:09:09AM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > > I went and grabbed all the Packages files for all the distributions
> > > I know of (main, contrib, non-free, non-us/main, non-us/contrib,
> > > non-us/non-free), and went and checked wether all the dependencies
> > > can be satisfied. As it turns out, there are many packages referencing
> > > other non-existant packages.
> >
> > You mean you did "apt-cache unmet"?
> >
> > I get 94 Packages with unmet dependencies (please try "apt-cache unmet"
> > to see why):
>
> Mmmm... What this tell me??
>
> emperor:~# apt-cache unmet | grep -n ^Package | tail -1
> 425:Package cxterm-jis version 5.1p1-3 has an unmet dep:

Shouldn't that be apt-cache unmet | grep -n ^Package | wc -l? Using
tail counts duplicated packages, AFAICT. You should have far fewer
than 425 packages with unmet dependencies.

Besides, it should probably be something like

[alisdair@letdown ~] $ apt-cache unmet | grep '^ Depends' | wc -l
     19

As Suggests don't count, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                             alisdair@wasters.org
[where are all the stupid people from, and how'd they get so dumb?]