Re: [crash]

    Hamish> On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 05:36:16AM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom
    Hamish> wrote:
    >> POSIX.pm is broken) with EDITOR set to `xg', my script that
    >> runs XEmacs if there's no gnuserv, or gnuclient if there is a
    >> gnuserv...  I clicked the [Done] button, clicked [Yes] on the
    >> dialog box, and XEmacs crashed, with the following to
    >> say... (luckily, I just happened to be running it under gdb
    >> inside a screen.)  Also attached is the Installation file.

    Hamish> As a vi user, I just had to laugh at the above. Sorry. :-)
    Hamish> But the client/server editor thing, plus the fact you
    Hamish> happened to be running your whole editor inside gdb at the
    Hamish> time it crashed, is pretty funny.

 Don't knock until you've tried it.  With `gnuclient', you can open a
 file for editting from anything that uses $EDITOR, and it opens in
 the _same_ editor session you already have open, rather than a fresh
 one.  This has MANY advantages, aside from quick response time.  You
 can switch buffers, cut and paste between them, run a `M-x shell' and
 paste from that, etc.

 I was running in `gdb' to catch a crash in XEmacs-21.2-b24, the
 development version.  How else could I report the location of the
 crash?

 xemacs -f viper -f gnuserv-start &