Re: ITP Heimdal (Kerberos 5)

    >> - probably breaks every debian policy ever written. I don't
    >> particularly want to check it with lintian right now ;-) Is
    >> /usr/libexec allowed? Is /var/heimdal allowed?

    Tommi> 	/usr/libexec isn't, use /usr/lib/heimdal or something,
    Tommi> and /var/heimdal is bad too. Use /var/lib/heimdal.

Thats what I was afraid of. Although changing /usr/libexec shouldn't
be too hard. Not sure yet about /var/heimdal. It might be possible
just to supply a command line parameter giving a different location to
the config file. Log files also go here, too. Yuck.

Probably lots of executable files without man pages, too.

    >> Where/how should I distribute the result? master is out of the
    >> question, as it is non-US software. I am not sure it is stable
    >> enough yet for slink (maybe when I get the packages split up in
    >> the optimal way). Comments anyone?

    Tommi> 	non-us.debian.org a.k.a. pandora.debian.org.  And it
    Tommi> won't be in slink anyway ;) --

I said potato!!! Why doesn't any believe me ;-)

For now, I will

- split heimdal-x11 into heimdal-clients-x11 and heimdal-servers-x11.

- fix broken paths.

- fix kdc log file, possibly add rotation if I can find out how. Then
again, rotating security information may not be such a good idea. need
to think about this.

- attempt upload to potato, non-us section.

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>