Potato Snapshot

Hi Folks,

I just want to let you know how current Potato CD-Sets tend to work.

After fixing a quote in the Makefile of the debian-cd Package I was
able to build a non-bootable cd set of potato. The good news: It works
just fine, although debhelper from time to time complains about

dhelp_parse: can't open /var/lib/dhelp/dbase_fsstnd

dhelp_parse: can't open /var/lib/dhelp/dbase_fsstnd

warning: error occured during execution of
/usr/sbin/dhelp_parse_fsstnd at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 346.

But everything elese should be fine...

The bad news: After a apt-get dist-upgrade failed, I did a apt-get
dist-upgrade -f and since then I have to swap CD's about every two
packages.

Shouldn't things work that way that apt selects the order packages are
installed somehow smarter? Otherwise we shouldn't even think about
releasing Potato on CD!

Thanks,

Matthias
--
+-------------created at Thu Dec 23 16:38:37 CET 1999-----------------+
|    Matthias Berse 	                     Phone:+49-2323-42397     |

It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because
he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.
- Voltaire