Re: ITP: Gnapster

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 09:25:37PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 12:06:17PM -0500, Brian Almeida wrote:
> > gnap is dead. So that leaves only gnome-napster, really.
>
> Then please, can you get gnap removed from the distribution?
> We carry too many dead packages already.
>From the gnap homepage (talking about gnome-napster):

Evan Martin has created a really good Napster client for
gnome. It is not as filled with holes and buggy as gnap. The
source code is super clean. I hope I can learn lots from this
guy as I go though the code.  I think all you people looking
for a good client should use this one.

He plans continued development, but not for a while -- I just feel that
gnome-napster and gnapster are the two actively developed clients out
there currently.