Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 02:44:25PM -0700, John Galt wrote:

Is John Galt your real name, or are you just an Ayn Rand fan hiding behind
a pseudonym [0]?

> How about a sanity call: either make */sbin programs that root only would
> use or add */sbin to /etc/profile.  Either alternative is acceptable to
> me, but this grey area has GOT to come to a screeching halt.

Because, afterall, having traceroute not in the default PATH for users
causes ever so many root exploits and kernel OOPSes, and such, doesn't it?

This really isn't that big of a deal, and it's certainly not deserving of
such hyperbole.

Cheers,
aj

[0] Which, personally, strikes me as somewhat lacking in personal pride
    and individuality, which would seem odd in an Ayn Rand fan...

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds