Re: bind and syslog

On 19-Dec-99, 15:49 (CST), Marek Habersack <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
> In my opinion (whether it is narrow-minded or not) syslog is not for
> logging everything but to report about events significant to the
> system as a whole. And how much noise is in your logs? 60%? 70%?

Edit your syslog.conf. Change the levels that are logged, or where they
are logged. If a particular program is logging informational messages
at level warn, then that's a problem with the program, not the syslog
mechanism.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read