Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

Ben Collins wrote:
> > > modutils: /sbin/lsmod
> > > netstd: /usr/sbin/traceroute
> > > lsof-2.2: /usr/sbin/lsof
> >
> > I certainly agree that there are numerous programs in *sbin that according
> > to that definition should reside in *bin.
>
> Just because a user will run them does not mean they are designed for
> normal users. For instance most of these will be run _as_ a normal user,
> but usually _by_ the admin.

I frequently run traceroute on systems I am not an admin on. I know others
do the same, incuding people who are not admins on *any* system. Running
traceroute from multiple systems you are not an admin on is valuable to look
at a network problem from multiple angles, and network problems are
something that everyone is forced to deal with, not just admins.

--
see shy jo