Re: How to check debconf scripts

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Right, debconf only asks questions once. It took your answers and is using
> them for defaults now when you re-run the script. The simplest fix is to
> delete /var/lib/debconf/debconf.db, but this will lose other answers you may
> have given before. Instead, I reccommend that you modify your script to call
> db_purge right after you source /usr/share/debconf/confmodule. This will
> cause your old answers to be cleared when the script runs. Be _very_ sure
> you take that command out before shipping the package, though.

Hmm, the hint to db_purge doesn't seem to work.  It creates an
empty database file and that's all.  The script runs just one time.
Then I moved the original /var/lib/debconf/debconf.db away and
deleted it after each test-run of my script.

So I can test the script and afterwards I copy the original database
to the old place.

Anyway I have further problems with the debconf script.  Where would
be the right place to ask such questions?

Kind regards

         Andreas.