Re: Corel Linux

On Dec 16, Chris McKillop wrote:
> Anyways, I write this to inform that the source for all the Corel
> apps (like the corel explorer) come in the box on a "Source Code"
> CDROM.  I am not on Debian legal, so are we able to repackage these
> Corel apps for our own distro?

Assuming those programs are licensed under a DFSG-compliant license,
there should be no problem with repackaging them (if they're not in
Debian source format already, in which case all they need is a rebuild
to assign a maintainer and put a signature on them).

If you have questions about specific licenses, please subscribe to
-legal so we can hash these questions out in a more appropriate forum.

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |   Your source for almost nothing of value:   |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>  |           http://www.lordsutch.com/          |
|      Debian Developer      |      This address has been spam-proofed.     |
|   http://www.debian.org/   |       All spam goes to your postmaster.      |