Re: touch disappered

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 06:46:26AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:29:55PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> >
> > > touch dissappered after major upgrade (~40 debs)
> > > where is it now ?
> >
> > A wise combination of Depends and/or Conflicts should make this
> > impossible. If not, I would say there is a grave bug here.
>
> AFAIK, it's the old dpkg symlink bug. I'm open to suggestions.

No, it has happened because my `/usr' is symlinked to `.' (devel machine)
This is not very supported yet. Will be more supported when
there will be more GNU/Hurd machines.

And touch is in both `/bin' and `/usr/bin', so i ended
with symlink to self at `/bin/touch'
I sent patch which solves this problem by one line in postinst

But it would be nice if dpkg check if file already exists before overwriting it.
( but it would slow it down a bit )