Re: BASH BUG

Martin Fluch <fluch@rock.helsinki.fi> writes:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:
> >
> > try the following PS1 (for root) and notice what happens:
> > 	export PS1='^[[1m^[[31m\h:\w\$^[[0m '
> >
> > Before you reach the end of the line, bash jump to the start of it...
> > and when you go back, it goes two lines above. Try it ! It's really
> > annoying.

Except that our bash has had a serious problem that is _not_ related to the
prompt. I see this problem without setting PS1 at all, just resize the window
and bash will start jumping around because it still has the old window size.
I'm not sure when this broke but it's been broken for a long long time. Always
meant to file a bug on this.

--
greg