Re: http://db.debian.org/ doesn't work ??

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > Every time I try to login, I get a "Mailformed URL entered".
> >
> > I have tried two different days, with two different browsers (netscape
> > and lynx-ssl), and it's always the same.
> >
> > Is it working?
>
> We cannot figure out *why* the URL is invalid, it seems to conform to the
> specs complelty - and it only happens for some people - it really makes no
> sense! We think it has something to do with a a proxy server.
>
> If someone knows more about could look into this that would be great.
It's only a slight light and might be have nothing to do with the
problem, but the keyword proxy brings the following fact into my mind:

In contrast to the RFC document ?? a friend named its box A_B (`_`
are not allowed in hostnames).  Anyway the http-access to this host
works, but if I try to access via squid-proxy I get error 404.
It might be that squid could be configured to cope with such adresses
(I never checked it) but in the Debian default configuration it
avoids access to those hosts.

May be this information could help you a little bit

     Andreas.