Re: Request for help: Web technology

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:48:52 -0800
Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com> wrote:

> Hey fellow debian folks: I opened my big fat mouth at work at a
> meeting today outlining our new software architecture/strategy.
> One of our potential new products will be a back-end database
> presenting various services to a bunch of web clients (like every
> other company these days, right?)

And is an incredibly generic description that matches almost
anything.

> Aside from the obvious (use of Java, a web server supporting
> modules such as Apache, etc.) can any of you web-savvy people
> steer me towards alternative technologies that could serve many of
> the same purposes without shackling us to continous Redmondian
> domination?

I would start out looking at PHP and Zope:

  http://www.php.net/
  http://www.zope.org/

We could probably do better with some details of what you are doing
tho.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu