Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL]

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 08:15:03AM +0800, DarkeMane Industries wrote:
> > semi-done :
> > wwwtable   (searching for testers)
> > html2latex (searching for testers)
> > calctool   (tommorow will be searching for testers (6 Dec))
>
> this can never be 'free' iirc, mind you the code was last worked on
> in 1988. And all bugs are mostly out of it.

I meant Im making free replacements of these three packages now.

replacement of wwwtable is done and found sponsor.
Package is called freetable 0.1 (arch = all)

replacement of html2latex is done, but performs horribly (8x worse), so
will need some changes until relased. (if you want code I will send you)

making replacement of calctool didnt go too far. It is basically usable,
but will need as much work as has been done already to make it possible
to call it replacement.

All are GPL.