Re: Package Pool Proposal

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Michael Stone wrote:

> > c) you want the downloads to occur overnight when you're not using your
> >    internet link.

> I forgot, apt-get -d can't be stuck in an at or cron job.

Actually it can (apt-get -qqd dist-upgrade) - but this really only works
well for a single machine when using a shared APT directory. I've been
thinking about some means to partial-mirror a cluster of machines via a
shared APT directory, but I probably wont write it :>

Really, running a partial binary-i386 mirror uses *alot* more bandwidth
than a shared APT cache scheme.

Jason