Re: Debian on a 386? Unlikely. (was: ramblings about old hardware,gzip, bz2, and pentium op)

filipvr@xs4all.be (Filip Van Raemdonck) writes:

> Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not so sure of that any more...  We use a 486-25 at work with 8MB
> >
> > running debian hamm on 386sx/20, 8m, 116m disk
> >
> <AOL>
> slink on dx2/66 (overdrive actually) w. 32 mb, potato on dx1/33 w. 8mb
> </AOL>

"http://ntama.uni-mainz.de"; alias "http://ietpd1.sowi.uni-mainz.de";
aka "ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/"; is actually an
old 486DX2/66 with 32MB RAM which serves as X terminal, a FTP-Server,
and hosts a webserver with our online magazine "NTAMA".  It runs slink
just fine but won't be upgraded to potato until i get a pentium
motherboard for it.  Updating from hamm to slink was already enough
pain. :-(
                                Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------