Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL]

    I was only thinking about pico itself.  It is possible to make mutt behave
    somewhat like pine.  That might suffice for some people.

But if many PINE users are not satisfied with this, I hope people will
do additional work to make it more and more like PINE--rather than
saying "tough on them."

    I don't think the goal should be to perfectly clone pine-  we should provide a
    reasonable alternative for people who are accustomed to it to migrate to
    something which is not non-free,

We don't necessarily need identical behavior, but we do need behavior
similar enough that almost all PINE users will be happy to switch.
I don't know how similar that needs to be.

     and continue to try to get pine opened up.
    (IIRC, its license isn't very far away from being 'free', so there may be
    hope

No, it is hopeless.  We tried for months.