Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Christian Surchi wrote:

> I think that pico is more easily clonable than pine, isn't it?

Yes. But I feel that both are necessary to clone. PINE is -very- popular
here, especially at universities. And it's far from free. Pico is also
quite popular, especially among Unix newbies and those too lazy to learn
something else (e.g. me ;) ) Not to break out the cluestick or anything,
but really guys, you -aren't- going to convince everyone to give up pico
and pine, and if any given distro doesn't offer them (or exact clones
thereof), people will be seriously annoyed. And they -will- download and
install pico and pine. Let's not create a distro that would tempt such a
wide swath of Unix users to go out and pollute it with non-free
nonsense...

--
 = Jon "Caspian" Blank,  right-brained computer programmer at large =