Re: ITP: pine4

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Hi.
> Since I think it has not come the time to remove (the old good) pine 3.96
> from the archive yet, I plan to upload pine 4.x to potato/non-free. Source
> will be "pine4". Binaries will be "pine", "pico", etc. as before. Since
> binaries are not uploaded, they should not overlap with those from
> pine 3.96 and there should be no conflicts.
> Thanks.

I have 4.21 debianized if you want ot use that as the basis of your
package.  The most important feature is that it links against a shared
copy of the c-client library ensuring full compatability with the Debian
imap package.

I've been in intermittent correspondance with the pine developers about
the licence issues.  Not much progress though I'm afraid.

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>