Re: Why is the author of ps(1) such a moron?

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 07:22:39AM -0500, Michael Stenner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:47:30PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > > Maybe Debian should fork our own procps again.  At Red Hat it is obviously
> > > under less than capable management.
> >
> > Not sure. Perhaps it's just the wrong person who wrote the manpage. I
> > believe there are a lot of capable Linux developers at RedHat. Let's
> > ask Alan Cox for his opinion on that manpage :)
>
> For fun, here's the RedHat 6.1 version:
>
> .\" Man page for ps.
> .\" Licensed under version 2 of the GNU General Public License.
> .\" Modified by Michael K. Johnson from a gross plain-text hack
> .\" by Albert Cahalan of Michael's original version.

Well, then, we should be using this instead.

Maybe Red Hat *is* capable of doing good things, when they're not busy
selling Heinz ketchup.  :-/

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     Convictions are more dangerous enemies
Debian GNU/Linux               |     of truth than lies.