Re: xdm and user's profiles

Goswin Brederlow wrote:
  >> Not true. I cannot get /etc/environment values to be set when I use xdm to
  >> log into X. I have not tried via startx, but I presume that will work.
  >> I may have futzed, and gotten the format wrong, if someone would enlighten
  >> me, I'd be appreciative.
  >------------------------- /etc/enviroment ----------------------------------
  >------------------------------ xterm ---------------------------------------
  ># echo $LANG
  ># echo $EMAIL
It needs to be exported.

Use set -a, or export particular variables in Xsession.
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be
      removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee,
      neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed,
      saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee."
                                        Isaiah 54:10