Re: [COREL BASHING] Corel and the DNS (Was: Debian Weekly News - November 30th, 1999

On 1 Dec 1999, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Paul> That said, my take on the subject is that that clause is in
>     Paul> there because minors can't be a party in _any_ contract
>     Paul> a.k.a. EULA.
>
> This isn't true; at least in the US, minors can be a party in any
> contract they want, but they can void the contract any time they want
> and lose both the benefits and drawbacks of that contract.

And FWIW, as far as I understand european law it's something along the
lines of: minors can enter into contracts, and that's fine, but if they
violate the contract, they can't be sued for damages -- but they can be
made to cease and desist.

I.e., if a 12-year-old copies lots of warez, he can't be sued for punitive
damages, but he can be rapped on the wrist by a judge and told to stop..

I'm not a lawyer, though.

Jules