Re: ramblings about old hardware, gzip, bz2, and pentium opts

David Bristel wrote:

> Now, the real question here, is there a C compiler that has AMD Athlon tweaks?
> Since the Athlon is a VERY VERY good chip, I'd love to see binaries compiled
> specifically for IT.
>
>                                                         Dave Bristel

But then this is the same deal.  For one, not that I know of yet, partially
because
AMD has even realized a reference compiler.  Anyway, a very specific
optimizaiton for
a very specific class of machines.  While I'd too would like to see it, is
doing this to anything but a small number of package--the required
packages--worth doing it do?  We are taking about a few thousand packages,
that the developer would have to come up with a the ftp people have to
maintain.

--
Philip Thiem /---/ ptt@umr.edu /---/ Pass on the GAS get NASM instead
    Computer Science & Mathematics Undergraduate @ UM-Rolla