Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On Mon 29 Nov 1999, Richard Braakman wrote:

> > > Can some confirm that there's still this bug?
> >
> > Seems to be caused by custom kernels with missing features. Should be
> > downgraded.
>
> I don't think so; the "missing features" are Unix98 ptys, which
> require userland configuration as well as a new kernel.  I expect

What userland configuration? On my systems that were simply upgraded
from slink to potato (nothing special done besides that and a new 2.2
kernel), screen works just fine.

Do you mean /etc/init.d/devpts.sh ? That's part of libc6.

> that every system upgrading from slink will be affected by this.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/