Re: Why is the author of ps(1) such a moron?

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 06:18:11PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Speaking of which, is there a way to query the bug database for programs
> > missing a man page?
>
> No, but there is a lintian check for that.  The lintian webpage has a list
> of reports by tag type (lintian error).
>
> <http://www.debian.org/lintian/reports/Tbinary-without-manpage.html>

Which excludes those which have a link to undocumented(7) instead of a real
manual page (which is a Policy rule), making that list rather incomplete.

Maybe lintian should be changed to report 'binary-without-manpage' as errors
(like it does now), and a new warning 'manpage-undocumented' for everything
that links to undocumented(7)?

BTW there's something wrong with that check, it says zsh doesn't have
a manual page, but it has.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name