Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-11-27 Johnie Ingram wrote:
> >> This is an very easy to fix bug, but there hasn't been any reaction from
> >> the maintainer since 14 days. Johnie, do you fix this within three days
> >> or can we make a NMU?

> If this is so easy to fix NMU it immediately; consensus on IRC is this
> is a non-bug and could never have happened.

Well, the consensus maybe that it should never have happened, but it has
and so I think we need to take a look at this issue and check if the
submitters right or not. If it's a non-bug, why is it still open?

> >> Could someone please examine this issue and provide a solution? It seems

> This was fixed with 1.3.9-10 on Oct. 30.

Oh, why is it then still open and not even marked as fixed?

> >> I think this should be forwarded to the upstream for fixing it.

> No kidding -- the bug is marked forwarded.  Here we have a RC bug

Oh, I must have overseen this. Sorry!

> thats a request for a feature removed because it was a earlier RC bug
> that the feature existed.  :-)

Ouch, this sounds fantastic. :)

> >> It seems like we have a good explanation of the Bug in the BTS. Johnie,
> >> do you need help to get it fixed?

> I would have preferred a response from Michael Meskes before patching
> his code, but looks like we're out of time.

Well, I would suggest just patching his code. He had in my opinion
enough time to react, now you can react.

> >> This bug results in some work and examination to get it fixed.

> By a C++ weenie; parts compile on Rhapsody but not Linux.

So it would mean much work for someone familar with C++?

> >> Isn't this one a bug in debconf?

> Heh, the simplest solution is to fall back to classic prompting.  :-)

Also possible or maybe the debconf-maintainer can help you with fixing
this bug.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *