Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

[I'm sure this shouldn't really go to all those lists, but that's what the

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 05:21:45PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

> > Package: chimera2 (main)
> > Maintainer: Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> >   50558  chimera2: sig sevs; libpng problems
>
> Seems to be fixable, but just recompiling it. Mark, can you confirm this
> and upload a fixed package?

I'll have a look this afternoon once I've finished doing some work on exim.

> > Package: exim (main)
> > Maintainer: Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>
> >   50250  Exim bounces all email after upgrade
>
> Mark, do you see some easy solution to this bug?

Yes. Take the libwrap support back out; exactly what I'm doing in the
package I'll be uploading this evening. It's a shame, as libwrap support
would be useful to some people, but adding it at this stage breaks too many
existing setups :(

> >   50435  exim_3.03-4(unstable): build problem with HAVE_IPV6 under glibc2.0
>
> Is this one really release-critical or can't the severity be lowered by
> building exim with ipv4?

It could, but I don't want to lose functionality on all other architectures
just so it can be built on m68k. And IPV6 support was originally a release
goal for potato, wasn't it? I think I've worked out a solution: not ideal
but it will have to do. I'll upload it this evening.

> > Package: libpcre1 (main)
> > Maintainer: Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> >   50046  libpcre1: does not build from source on sparc
>
> Can we surely remove the package from the FTP-Servers or not?

I've fixed the bug (already uploaded); whether we want to remove the package
anyway is another matter.