Re: New user for logcheck

    Michael> I saw them the first time, but thanks for wasting
    Michael> bandwidth. All the points you quoted depend on context,
    Michael> which wasn't provided in the original email. His followup
    Michael> did provide the necessary details, and make it clear that
    Michael> running as nobody would be inappropriate in this case.

I am not sure if you were complaining here or not...

Anyway, I believe my post was justified, because the original poster
stated that he intended to run the daemon from cron.

As this involves running a separate process, then using a shared user
id would open up security holes (eg with signals).

Perhaps I could have stripped some of the comments though, on file
handling, which I agree, depended on more information.

Please do not reply/followup to this message unless you have further
information to add.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>