New user for logcheck

Hi

Logcheck is a new package in potato and it's purpose is to check the
system log files for unusal parts. It is a shell script that is run from
cron.
I got a suggestion for the logcheck package that I like. The suggestion
was that logcheck should run as an own uid with the gid 'adm' (so that
it can read the system log files). That would mean that a new uid is
needed (or does it make sense to use an existing one - I don't think
so).
Would that be a problem ?

PS: Please reply directly to my email account too.

greets,
Rene