Re: LDAP and the BTS

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 03:46:45PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 07:43:23PM +0000, Ben Collins was heard to say:
> > Note that the OpenLDAP server (slapd) uses DB2 for it's backend storage on
> > the filesystem. It's threaded, and pretty fast (of course indexing must be
> > setup appropriately). You can also script the backend data source (eg. I
> > have a tcl scripted backend to the BTS, to make the BTS data available
> > from LDAP).
>
>   I'm curious about this, because I was actually trying to investigate the LDAP
> exporting of the BTS and didn't get very far :)  I was trying to deduce the
> appropriate incantations from the reportbug package, which seems to suggest
> that one should connect to bugs.debian.org, port 35567.  However, this just
> results in "Connection Refused".
>
>   Would it be possible for information on this to be added to the Web page under
> "Accessing the bug report database without WWW"?

Well, sometimes the slapd server is down, mainly because I had no idea
that it was being used by a package in the distribution (this is news to
me).

If you want a better example (more thorough) check
http://www.debian.org/~bcollins/getbugs.pl, which is a script that I
wrote.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '