LDAP and the BTS

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 07:43:23PM +0000, Ben Collins was heard to say:
> Note that the OpenLDAP server (slapd) uses DB2 for it's backend storage on
> the filesystem. It's threaded, and pretty fast (of course indexing must be
> setup appropriately). You can also script the backend data source (eg. I
> have a tcl scripted backend to the BTS, to make the BTS data available
> from LDAP).

  I'm curious about this, because I was actually trying to investigate the LDAP
exporting of the BTS and didn't get very far :)  I was trying to deduce the
appropriate incantations from the reportbug package, which seems to suggest
that one should connect to bugs.debian.org, port 35567.  However, this just
results in "Connection Refused".

  Would it be possible for information on this to be added to the Web page under
"Accessing the bug report database without WWW"?

   Thanks,
  Daniel

--
  "People would panic?"
  "Very briefly, I'm afraid."

     -- The dangers of colliding with a star examined;
           Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantasic_