Re: imap_4.6-4 works, hmm...., partially :(((

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Marek Habersack wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have (finally) decided to upgrade from imap 4.5 to imap 4.6 in hope that
> it will work just fine but alas... Nobody can see their inbox
> (/var/spool/mail/...) anymore :(((. All the folders in their home
> directories are visible just fine, AND, what's strange, I can see that the
> inbox is actually accessed - the c-client "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE..."
> message is created in the folder. But the server reports that there are NO
> mails in the inbox. I've got two questions :)) - does anyone have any idea
> what's wrong with this version of imap (imap_4.6-4) and does anyone still
> have the imap_4.5-X handy? I would be really grateful for both...

This is really, really weird behavior and I'm concerned.  Have you checked
all the obvious things, like permissions on /var/spool/mail and mail
directory path settings in the client?  Which client is this anyway?

I've just uploaded UW imapd 4.7 to incoming and I'd really like to get
this sorted out before it happens to anyone else.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>