Re: permissions

Well, that doesn't make any sense to me at all.  What arch are you using?
XFree86 3.3.5-1 was really bad about its group permissions because of the
umask "feature" I bitched about, but 3.3.5-2 -- for i386 anyway -- does not
have this problem.

If you don't believe me, see the lintian report for my name.

I am using i386, i do believe you its not that i don't, i am just saying i AM running 3.3.5-2, but the number of directories with bad perms is not as many as i think you had in early version, just xterm and another one or 2 i cant think of at the moment.

since this seems to be a problem i guess I am going to have to figure out a more script friendly way to scan for this and make cron fire it off right after it gets done with suidscan... (examples would be welcome of course :-) off list...)

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/