New ?? tool proposition. Is this job yet done?

Hello.

I am new to the list. I subscribed many days ago because I was thinking on
developing a new ¿?  tool for Debian.
I want to make a control center for running many of the Debian config tools such
as
pppconfig
kbdconfig
slrnconfig
smailconfig
sendmailconfig
adjtimexconfig
bindconfig
gpmconfig
leafnode-config
liloconfig
linuxlogoconfig
shadowconfig
tzconfig
wm-menu-config

The idea is basing it on ncurses, to call those such config tools not only in
Debian installation but whenever the system administrator wants to.
But the first thing I need to know is if there is yet anybody working on this
same idea. Perhaps 'debconf' is already what I am thinking on. Is that?

Thanks:

Juan Carlos