Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 10:58:57PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:

> There is a difference between letting people waste time on it (which
> obviously I cannot stop) and making it officially Debian branded and
> supported by SPI, the latter of which I can help to make a
> difference with.

Depending on your views... what could be worse than offensive
fortunes... the bible...violent games?  Those are 'officialy Debian
branded and supported'.

You seem to be really afraid of the popularity of fbsd kernels - some
of us really do believe the linux kernel is better, and so it
shouldn't be much of an issue.  If we wanted, we could also GPL our
changes to the kernel, pissing off the BSD folks, and making a
non-free fork a non-issue.

Ciao,
--
  David N. Welton -+- davidw@prosa.it -+- http://www.efn.org/~davidw