Re: Help!! inetd refuses to start with the new netbase package

On Thursday 18 November 1999, at 11 h 35, the keyboard of Andreas Tille
<tillea@rki.de> wrote:

> I tried to install the recent potato packages after working
> with the packages from early September this year.  This
> seems to cause trouble with the new splitted net packages.

I just had the same problem.

> Restarting internet superserver: inetd.
>
> and then the box stops :-(((((

The debconf postinst seems to hang (there is a comment in it, about a workaround, but the bug still persists).

Workaround: kill it. It works.