Re: PHP4 packages will be soon uploaded

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> There were lots of questions about php4 and when it will be packaged.
> 4.0b3 was released today, I'm now testing how it compiles and works with
> shared modules, I will package it this week. Expect an upload on Sunday.
> For now there will only be an apache module with separate modules for
> mysql, postgres, gd, xml and snmp. A cgi version and more modules will be
> arriving later.

Just to let you know about the progress... it builds, loads, seems to
work. I could even set apache up to load both php3 and php4 modules. This
will need a newer php3 upstream though (or a patch applied to the current
3.0.12), so php4 will conflict with php3 at the beginning. Don't worry,
the conflict will disappear later :)
Anyway this is nice:
Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) Debian/GNU PHP/4.0b3 PHP/3.0.13-dev
;)

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@sztaki.hu           gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                   HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/