re: cd snapshots

> Unstable cds are very useful for developers and users located where internet
> connection costs too much (sic). And many people would be happy if this would
> be possible.
>
> I'd like the possibility to download iso-images periodically updated and cds
> too. Can this be done?
>    Christian Surchi, csurchi@mclink.it, www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi

so you would like to not have to create your own iso-images? i thought it
was easy to create them (pipe it through mkhybrid or whatever).

i'm imagining people running something like apt-get update (and have to
pay that, unfortunately), and then apt-get --simulate upgrade (piped to
mail some program that will queue all the requests for me).

so then you can get custom cds built for you... perhaps a buffer could be
used so numerous apt-get install things would also get emailed and
combined into one cd sent every fortnight/few days/month... all at
someones request.

i'm really interested in starting this, but i'm still new at cgi/php/perl
and all that stuff, so any input is VERY welcome!

Paul