Re: cd snapshots

On 16-Nov-1999, Paul Harris <barra@tartarus.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> i don't see the point of distributing the book... we want cheap... if you
> want a book with your cds, you can go to somewhere like www.debian-cd.com
> but i'd like to provide a service to those who just want the latest
> updates cheap (and probably frequent).

The service you are providing is updating the CD images often.  This
takes time, hard drive space, and is often difficult to do because of
difficulties with Packages files and other things.

Actually copying the CDs is easy, but people aren't very interested in
last week's potato.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }