diversion conflict with libcgi-perl and libcgi-pm-perl

I've got some problem with libcgi-perl and libcgi-pm-perl packages.
The both of them diverts Carp.pm module, but the first package
contains outdated file (very old version) and diverts the newer one.
My package (libcgi-pm-perl) contains the newest module, but conflicts with
libcgi-perl package.

I'd like to NMU for the first package and remove Carp.pm from libcgi-perl.
I've try contacted with maintainer of libcgi-perl but he didn't reply.

What should I do?
I could add
Conflict: libcgi-perl
field in my debian/control but I'd like to have the both of these packages
installed.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl