Re: Problems with debhelper: .changes file is not created

Ben Collins wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 07:25:01PM +0000, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > Please excuse me if this problem has been discussed before, but I could
> > not search in the archives (glimpse error).
> > I have problems with a new debhelper. Some time in the near past
> > something on my system changed silently. Now debhelper does not create
> > the .changes files anymore when I invoke dpkg-buildpackage.
> > This changed behind my back because when I compiled logcheck_1.1-2 (I am
> > the maintainer) it worked without problems, but when I compiled
> > logcheck_1.1.1-1, it did not.
> > The only thing that changed was that I did an uupdate from the new
> > upstream sources which went through without rejects (additionally I
> > moved it from non-free to main). There were about a 3 weeks in between
> > the compile runs.
> >
> > My debhelper version is 2.0.72, dpkg is 1.4.1.19.
>
> Debhelper does not call dpkg-genchanges, dpkg-buildpackage handles that.
> However, I am using 1.4.1.19 aslwell, and haven't noticed this problem, so
> I assume it's some sort of weirdness in your setup. Watch the end of the
> build more closely to see if any messages pop up related to it.
Unfortunately there are no messages. The normal procedure is done up to
the generation of the .dsc.asc file (I use GPG) - that is the signing of
the .dsc file. Then (normally) GPG should be called again to sign the
.changes file (from the user's point of view), but this does not happen
on my system with the current configuration.

I changed nothing with the dpkg or debhelper scripts, just did an update
every 2 days.

dh_builddeb
dpkg-deb: building package `logcheck' in `../logcheck_1.1.1-1_i386.deb'.
 signfile
logcheck_1.1.1-1.dsc
<GPG comes up....>
<nothing more>