Re: errors during recent dist-upgrades

Le Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 10:23:20AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe écrivait:
> First off, if not installing those packages causes other upgraded packages
> to not work then it is a bug in those other packages, plain and simple.

Not it doesn't cause any problem but if perl-5.005 is available, it's in
order to be used ... :-)

> As for the rest of it, I don't know - this mess of depends that perl has
> become is really really complicated I'd have to sit down and figure out if
> any of the problems are really bugs in APT or not.

The problem is that perl-5.005 conflicts with perl which was
important in slink.

The dependencies should be correct since when doing apt-get install
perl-5.005, the package gets correctly installed and only the perl
fake package is removed (and the old binary packages that depended on
perl are beeing upgraded to the new one that depend on perl-5.005).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>