Re: ITP: xfs-xtt

Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 07:19:26PM -0500, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> > Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.westend.com> writes:
> > > What is the different to the following package which is already in main:
> >
> > It sounds like it replaces xfs entirely, rather than working
> > alongside.
>
> No, at last glance xfstt is based upon xfs code as well, and can serve
> TrueType fonts in addition to the ones stock xfs can.
>
> xfstt can be used all by itself as well; it runs on port 7101 by default so
> as not to collide with stock X11R6 xfs (on port 7100).

Perhaps we're merely misunderstanding one another, but based on all of
my examination, xfstt, though perhaps based on xfs, does not seem to
be able to serve anything but ttf fonts.

The server that was referred to in the prior messages seems---based on
the blurb that was presented, at least---to combine the functions of
both xfs and xfstt, so you only end up running one font server, hence
my comment that it looks like it _replaces_ xfs, rather than
supplements it, as xfstt does.

Mike.